Chris Nadler is an attorney who has been practicing law in Upstate New York for almost fifteen years focusing primarily on planning, zoning, and real estate development matters. Mr. Nadler represents the Town of Canandaigua, including its Planning and Zoning Boards, as well as the Village of Fairport Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Historic Preservation Commission. Throughout his career he has represented some of the largest and fastest growing municipalities in New York.
In addition to representing municipalities, Mr. Nadler works with property owners, contractors, and developers to obtain land use and environmental approvals, tax assessment reductions, and other real property related matters. Mr. Nadler also represents clients in commercial and land use litigation matters, including appeals, and is available to represent property owners, municipal agencies and boards as special counsel in Article 78 proceedings and related litigation.
Mr. Nadler is a member of the Board of Directors for the Building Owners and Managers Association of Rochester (BOMA), and serves as Legislative Chair for BOMA. He is also the Chairman of the Board of Directors for Perinton Nursery School, and is involved in many local community and non-profit organizations.
Admitted to Practice: New York State; United States District Court, Western District of New York; United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
Education: George Washington University Law School (J.D., 2004); Hamilton College (B.A., 2001); McQuaid Jesuit High School (1997).
- Planning, Zoning, & Land Use
- Subdivision, Site Plan, & Special Use Permits
- Area Variances, Use Variances, & Zoning Interpretations/Appeals
- Re-Zoning, Incentive Zoning, & Planned Unit Developments (PUD)
- Environmental Review (SEQR)
- Real Estate Development
- Article 78 Proceedings
- Municipal Code Violation Prosecution & Defense
- Temporary Restraining Orders & Preliminary Injunctions
- Commercial Litigation
- Tax Assessment & Condemnation
- Residential & Commercial Real Estate Transactions